Those who have been following this blog may have noticed that my frequency of posting has decreased a bit of late. I so wish that wasn’t the case, as I find writing here to be a wonderful creative outlet. But I’ve been working on a few other ‘projects,’ which are keeping me incredibly busy.
- Still working through specifying all of the “stuff” for our new house. Lighting continues to vex me, and I am having a really hard time making decisions on that. May need to put out an informal poll with a few key fixtures (e.g. foyer, dining room, kitchen dining)
- Just started another class, on color theory, which is an entire semester’s curriculum crammed into an eight week summer session. Fascinating, but daunting. At least it’ll be over by the end of July! And it will make me a better designer
- Chasing my 10 1/2 month old around the house during his waking hours. He’s really starting to move now, pulling up, cruising, and walking with assistance. Aside from a couple of teething issues, he’s one happy little guy, which in turn makes me the happiest mom
- Trying to plan my son’s first birthday celebration. As much as I’d like to conjure my inner Martha Stewart and put on a fabulous event, I don’t think it’s in the cards this time. I’ll be lucky if I can pull off the “Little Blue Truck” cake I have in mind, an homage to his current favorite book. Beep Beep Beep!
- Laying the groundwork for my business, Kelly Rogers Interiors, which is now officially incorporated! I need to enlist an old advertising buddy to help design my logo (any volunteers??), and start working on my website. For starters 🙂
- Working on THREE separate client projects – a foyer and living room, a baby girl’s nursery, and a kitchen renovation. I’m so grateful to these first clients who are taking a chance on me. And I’m excited to share the results when the rooms are complete!
So thank you for sticking with me through the ebbs and flows of Interiors For Families thus far! And I hope you’ll stick with me going forward, as well.