I need to begin with a disclaimer: This won’t be my most riveting blog post ever. I am exhausted, and not really feeling the writing process right now. So I’m going to keep this brief (my version of brief, anyway…). It’s Week 3…go easy on me :).
I actually did accomplish some things this week, somehow – most notably, I ordered a bed! Over the phone. I think that may have been my first-ever phone order (at least of ‘Internet times.’). After the upholstered bed route did not pan out (not enough time), I went back to my original idea when I first decorated Eamon’s nursery, which was to do an iron bed. He does have a comfy reading chair, after all I went searching, and immediately stumbled upon THE answer at Charles P. Rogers (no relation – ha).
The bed shipped within an hour and a half of my phone order. Talk about quick ship! I got it complete with pop-up trundle, and two twin mattresses.
I *think* I will be able to finagle a custom bedskirt, tailored like the one pictured above. No idea what fabric I’d use, but I have a workroom lined up to do it so I guess I had better figure that out! I bought most of the bedding basics, including a quilt, but I’m still looking for an olive or maybe hunter green cotton blanket. If you have any leads on such an (apparently) unicorn item, please let me know!
I did find an adorable accent pillow from a brand-new to-the-trade collection I’m excited to feature as a Friday Family-Friendly Find tomorrow – come back to check it out! Shoot – should I get one for each end of the bed?
Miracle of all miracles…we will have a runner on the back stairs leading up to Eamon’s room by the end of the month. More to come on that next week.
OK, that’s about all I can muster for Week 3. Here is the full checklist with status updates on each item:
- Remove toddler bed and replace with twin or full-sized upholstered daybed. Status: Awaiting iron daybed delivery!
- New mattress and bedding. Status: Alllllmost complete.
- Add nightstand and articulating reading lamp. Status: Not yet…
- Move out the antique walnut chest and replace with more kid-friendly dresser. Status: Awaiting dresser delivery!
- Organize drawers and closet, and clear out/donate clothing that no longer fits. Status: Mostly complete!
- Incorporate some toy storage somewhere. Status: Not yet…
- Replace corded woven shades with cordless blackout-lined woven shades. Status: Shades ordered.
- Hang salon-style art gallery in hall outside his room. Status: Taking antique prints to framers today. Need plan for hanging, and possibly a couple more larger scale pieces.
- Add window treatment and small console table/furniture piece in hallway. Status: Window treatment in progress. Console table…not yet.
- Install new runner on back stairs up to Eamon’s room. Status: Templating this weekend; install TBD but by end of October!